Sunday, January 15, 2012

Tribute to Utah


Well it's Sunday again and this Sunday finds me in our new home state of Maryland. I thought it was appropriate to share with you 2 of my favorite recipes from Utah.

Fry Sauce-

Get a glob of mayonnaise
squirt some catchup

Mix, dip french fries!

Alternatives-
Use BBQ sauce instead of catchup
add a splash of Tabasco sauce
mix in pickle relish
stir in a dash of mustard

Enjoy your fries with good ole' Utah fry sauce!

Funeral Potatoes-

6-8 potatoes pressure cooked to fork tender
about 1/2 lb cheese grated
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 a tub sour cream
1/2 a stick butter cut into pats
shake of onion powder, salt and pepper

pressure cook potatoes, peel and mash in 9x13 baking pan, add butter, cream of chicken, cheese, sour cream and seasonings and stir well. smooth out and place in 350 degree oven until everything is bubbly.

Now the great debate is to add corn flake or not to add corn flakes, I have like mine sans corn flake I think they are unnecessary. I have also seen bread crumbs, panko bread crumbs, and one time though I think it was a mistake I had some with frosted flakes (EEEWWWWWW!)
SO if you come down on the pro corn flakes side here's the drill-
place 1 or 2 cups of corn flakes in a zip lock bag, mash to crumbs, add melted butter and mix some more, pour out of bag onto top of potatoes before going into oven.

I hope you all have a fantastic week and enjoy a few of Utah's claim to fame.

No comments:

Post a Comment